Monday, January 6, 2014

Words Per Day 2014 Spreadsheets

2015 Spreadsheet

The Words Per Day 2014 spreadsheets are finally finished! :)

I incorporated some of the features from the NaNo Tracker and added a few new features to make them easier to set up and use.

All the setup is done in one sheet. I created three versions so you can set one annual goal, monthly goals, or set a daily goal for each month. Whatever works best for you. :) All versions can be used on either an every day, Monday through Friday, or weekends only schedule. Just enter an X in the box next to the schedule you prefer and clear the other boxes.

Click images to enlarge.

Annual Goal:
Monthly Goal:

Daily Goal:

I've also included a WIP Calculator. The titles can be entered at the top for easy tracking, then enter your daily total word count and it will calculate words written for that day.

On the monthly entry pages, it will pull in/calculate your selected writing schedule, daily goal, weekly goal, and monthly goal. You'll only need to enter your daily words in the green column. It will also highlight the current day.

The Stats sheet shows your progress over the year.
And all sheets contain links for easy navigation within the workbook. :)

To download:

1.  Click one of the links below.

Annual Goal
Monthly Goal
Daily Goal

2.  After you click on a link, you will get something like this :


Click File and then click Download.

3.  Open the file.

Chrome: Click the button in the bottom left corner of your screen.


Internet Explorer: Click Open on the bar at the bottom of the window.


Firefox: Click OK in the window that pops up.



Once the file is open, you might need to enable editing. To do this, simply click the yellow Enable Editing button at the top of the spreadsheet. If you don't see this button, you don't need to do anything--you should be good to go.

4.  Don't forget to save your file when you're done. :) Also, Google Drive doesn't like 97-2003 format (xls). If you want the 97-2003 format (xls), leave me your email address in the comments or email me by clicking the button under "Email Me" on the left, and I'll send it directly to you. Just FYI, I don't have access to versions of Excel older than 2007, so I'm not sure how making the file 97-2003 compatible will affect the functionality.

The workbook and worksheet are protected to protect the structure and the formulas. Like the NaNo Tracker, I added a password to these ones because I put so much time into them. I'd like to keep my signature on them. I've been over them and tested them several times, but it's still possible I missed something. If you find any issues with them, please let me know and I'll make corrections.

If you want to share the files, please do. I just ask that you use the links below and that you give me credit, link back to my blog, and let me know in the comments or on Twitter @abbyannis. I'd love to check it out. :)

Annual Goal: http://bit.ly/1dnCTTv
Monthly Goal: http://bit.ly/1iGEDyA
Daily Goal: http://bit.ly/JVkB4c

Please note: If your computer is telling you it can only be downloaded as read-only, you probably need to save it to your computer, close it, and reopen it before it will let you make changes. If all else fails, leave me your email in the comments or click the email button on the left and I'll send it directly to you.

Mac Users: If you can't get it to download, please email me by clicking the button on the left or leave me your email in the comments. I'm happy to send it directly to you. If it's opening in read only, try the instructions found here: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/mac/forum/macoffice2011-macexcel/office-files-locked-for-editing-in-mixed/d838b0d7-6b26-4206-b310-029c73cf0ba6. If that doesn't work, let me know what it's doing, what type of error messages you're getting, and I'll try to figure it out.

Any questions, please leave them below.

Happy writing! :)
Want a colorful spreadsheet to track your writing goals for 2014? Download one here from @abbyannis

4 comments:

  1. That's very handy! You put a lot of effort into it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so cool. You're incredibly organized. I'm lucky if I can get 5 minutes to write some days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, so awesome. I used your NaNo one, and now I'm using the yearly one. I find myself wishing for an in-between, one where the daily goal changes like on the NaNo one did. (Or otherwise, to be able to change the NaNo one so it's not only set for 30 days.) Is there any chance this is possible? No problem if not, they're excellent and useful as is!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry it took me so long to post your comment. It's been a crazy year and I just noticed it sitting in the needing approval queue along with several spam comments.

      At this point, it would be pointless to adjust the 2014 spreadsheet, but this is definitely something I'll try to work into next year's version. Thanks for the input! :)

      Delete