Thursday, December 9, 2010

My Duh Moment for the Day

I'm probably the last person to figure this out, but...

As I've been wrapping up my revisions, I've had a few minor changes that I didn't want to do a whole read through for, but they needed to sit for at least 24 hours so I could make sure the flow was okay. So I went digging around in Word to see if there was some way to bookmark my document. And low and behold, under the Insert tab there's an actual thing called Bookmark. Weird, right? More like, duh.

So I just thought I'd share my little discovery for those of you who don't know about it yet. For those of you who do, you can stop laughing now. ;)

Hope you're all having a fabulous Thursday! :)

16 comments:

  1. Hmmm...bookmarks? Who needs bookmarks?

    It's been so long since I used Word on a consistent basis that I am definitely not laughing. Glad you found a tool to help make your revisions easier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now, I just had a Duh moment. Thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wasn't aware of that. So glad you posted it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely didn't know about it. Very cool. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha, very cool. Didn't know about it. Thanks : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks I will check that out. A duh moment for me too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. pardon my french but Holy shit! That is amazing!! I'm going to start using it IMMEDIATELY!
    you just made my day

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad this post was helpful to all of you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cool! I type in three *** in the spot I need to return to and then do a FIND to go back. A bookmark is much simpler. (Weird, I just posted about a Word discovery of my own!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, I never thought of that, and I always need one when I'm editing whole manuscripts.

    Thanks, Abby!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think there are lots of things like that in Word that people don't know about! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. susantemairik1@gmail..comDecember 10, 2010 at 2:45 PM

    Count me in as clueless. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I feel so stupid. No more marking up my doc with START HERE in giant red letters. You're a genius! Thank you;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anything to make editing easier is a good one. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nifty! I didn't know this, either. There should be a Word for Writers course!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Is there anymore information you can give on this subject. It answers a lot of my questions but there is still more info I need. I will drop you an email if I can find it. Never mind I will just use the contact form. Hopefully you can help me further.

    - Robson

    ReplyDelete