So why is today so fabulous?
I finally got the internet hooked up at my house. None of the equipment is where I want it to be yet, but I'm no longer cut off from the outside world. Yea!
I'm hoping to resume my normal posting schedule next week, but I'm still not totally unpacked, so no promises. Of course, I'd much rather blog than unpack boxes, but I'm trying to keep my priorities straight. :)
A couple of things I've noticed about not having internet:
1. I'm capable of keeping my house super clean and staying on top of my laundry. Crazy, I know.
2. Even if I don't obsessively check my email every five minutes, they're still there waiting for me when I do get around to it. (I got a new mobile phone (that I LOVE) a few days ago that notifies me every time I get an email, so I'm not sure if that will be counterproductive on this front or not.)
3. I didn't realize how much of my writing routine revolved around blogging and checking my email. If I got stuck on something or felt like I needed a distraction, I'd just click over to Explorer or Windows Mail. Then I no longer had to worry about whatever it was I was worried about. I think from now on, the internet will be disconnected while I write. For some reason, I'm more productive without it. ;)
4. I'm very reliant on http://www.merriam-webster.com/. Maybe I should buy one of those old-fashioned book-type dictionaries. ;)
5. I really missed all my bloggy friends and the community we have. When I'm having one of those everything-I-write-sucks kind of days, it's definitely nice to be able to go to other blogs and read about other writers' experiences and know that I'm not insane.
Anything you want to share that I may have missed out on?
Have a great weekend, and I'll see you all next week!