Thursday, April 15, 2010

Must. Stop. Blogging.

Okay, so not forever.

My goal is to be done with my rewrite by the end of the month, and I still have so much to do. (I'm not going to tell you how much. I'm afraid I'll jinx myself.) I've been working on this thing for months, so what's my problem?

Distractions.

There are SO many—blogging, email, youtube, blogging, Facebook, um, did I mention blogging? I have to take a break so I can get my story done. I want to have all my revisions done by the time the kids are out of school—at least to the point where I've sent my baby off to beta readers—so I've got to get cracking on this thing.

So, I'm unplugging for the rest of the month. And I'm only going to check my email twice a day. It's making me anxious just thinking about it, but it must be done. Must!

I'll be back for my blog chain post on April 30th. And I'll be posting the end of my first chapter for the Last Line Blogfest on May 1st. After that, I'll be back to a more regular blogging schedule, though I may need to cut back on the number of posts I do per week. We'll see.

Until then, I will miss you all, but I'll be so glad to get this story out of my head.

See you all in a few weeks.

19 comments:

  1. I know how you feel! It used to take me ten minutes to read all my bloggie friends. Now it takes hours! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with revisions...I have the same problem!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go forth and unplug...and try not to cheat (it is reeeally hard!). Go, Abby, go! Finish those revisions!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm unplugging after this week too. I have the same goal of finishing my revisions by the end of the month. WE CAN DO IT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm right there with you, Abby. In fact, I may have to steal your idea. I really want to get this wip done before the kids get off school. Good luck with your revisions!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't blame you. I think I'm going to have to do the same soon, too. Sad because I went unplug because of my vacation, but I really want to get my revisions done.

    Enjoy your unplugged time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just finished a 5 weeks of unplugged time and it was GREAT. I think you've got to do it every so often so you can get back to basics. Good luck Abby! I hope you have a very productive couple weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh God, you are so right. I have such an addiction to anything online, and distractions are killer. I need to take your advice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck with your MS! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck! See you on the flip side!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck with the writing! We'll miss you but stay strong. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What Laurel said!

    Happy (re)writing/revising!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't wait to hear what you come out with on the other side. Wishing you the best.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Best of luck! So proud of you for dedicating yourself to your work. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good luck getting everything done!

    Email me if you need to. Believe me, I know exactly what you're going through.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I know where you're coming from. Good for you on recognizing you need to unplug. I know you'll be productive!

    (Love the pic, too!)

    ReplyDelete