I’m feeling pretty special today, having four nominations for this lovely award. Thanks so much to TereLiz at The Lesser Key, Jenna Alexander at Turn the Page, Mandy at The Keyboard, and ElanaJ at Elana Johnson, Author. You guys are all awesome!!
First off, the rules. You know how I love rules. ;) These rules apply to all those who receive this award.
1. Thank the person who nominated you for this award.
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3. Link to the person who nominated you for this award.
4. Name 7 things about yourself that people might not know.
5. Nominate 7 Kreativ Bloggers.
6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know they have been nominated.
Now, all the incredibly interesting info you never wanted to know about me. :D
1. I love paper. Not so I can use it for anything. In fact, I feel a little sad if I have to cut it up. My favorite is plain white paper with no lines or holes. The thick stuff they use at the copy store that feels almost polished, that’s the best. And Bristol board. Love that stuff. I do use the white paper for drawing, as long as it’s not flawed. The other paper (i.e. scrapbook paper), I just like to have. Looney, I know.
2. I also love brand new markers. There’s just something about that clean line of ink. This goes for pens too. I only like to write with gel pens.
3. I like to collect the brown recluse spiders (photo here) and wind scorpions (aka camel spiders or sun spiders) I find around our house and property and keep them in jars. I don’t know. Science project? We’ve found over thirty brown recluses and six wind scorpions since we moved here.
4. I have over 800 fonts installed on my computer, and I’m always on the lookout for more. They’re fantastic for jazzing up my query letter. :D I’m kidding! Calm yourselves. I like to do word art.
5. Someday, I would love, love, love to learn blacksmithing and welding, so I can make awesome metal sculptures that have no other purpose than to look pretty. I’d also love to learn how to blow glass. Sometimes, I just like to know how to do things. Just because.
6. I met my husband, Jason, at a Beastie Boys concert. He had blue hair and an eyebrow ring. This may not seem that shocking, but for those of you who don’t really know me, this did not jive with my super good girl persona. And I almost ended up at the concert with another guy, Bob—some names have been changed to protect the innocent. :) When I found out Bob was going to ask me, I bought my own ticket so I wouldn’t have to be his date. I even got a ride to and from the concert with Bob. My best friend sat in the back seat with me, and we talked about Jason all the way home. Probably the cruelest thing I’ve ever done. Not my proudest moment. For some reason, Bob never called me again. Hmm. ;) It all worked out though. Jason and I were married five months later, yes five months, and have been very happy for almost fourteen years. Man, I feel old.
7. I don’t like change, unless it’s something I can control. Then I will most likely change it every few months. Like how my furniture is arranged in my living room or my blog background. And I’m not totally loving the new background, so that will probably be changing sooner rather than later.
If you’re dying for even more useless info about me, I did this once before. You can find it here.
And now for the nominations in no particular order:
1. Tricia J. O’Brien at Talespinning
2. Lazy Writer at A Walk in My Shoes
3. Lady Glamis at The Innocent Flower
4. Tabitha Bird at Books, Bubs and Writing Blabber
5. Megan Rebekah at Megan Rebekah Blogs.…and Writes
6. JosiahsMommy at Confessions of a First Time Mom
7. Rebecca at Sometimes Helpful Nonsense
Thank you all for being fabulous! Happy Thursday!!