Monday, September 28, 2009

Why I Unplugged

Last week we took a little trip to Utah and Idaho to visit family. We also visited Yellowstone National Park while we were up that way, so we were in five different states over the course of six days. Pure craziness, but we had a blast.

I'm still recovering from the 16 1/2 hour overnight drive home and have nothing intelligent to say. My eyes are sliding closed as I type this. So, I will leave you with some photos I took of the landscape and hot springs in Yellowstone. They turned out a lot better than I thought they would, especially since I forgot my good camera at home.

Enjoy!










14 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos!

    I just watched a PBS special on Yellowstone last night. Did you learn anything about the guy who was lost there during an early exploration? He was nearsighted, without supplies, in the winter, for 37 days. And he lived!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, beautiful!

    The thought of the 16 1/2 hour drive makes MY head hurt! Get some rest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pictures. Glad you had a good time. I unplugged too (well, sort of). Only I didn't get to go on vacation. Instead, I spent the entire week doing revisions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are just amazing pictures! Yellowstone is on my list of places I NEED to visit, but after seeing your photos, it just hopped up to the top of the list.

    Hope you're recovering from the drive. At least it's Monday. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that is gorgeous, and looks like some beautiful alien planet!

    For the record, I'm so glad you're back! :D I totally missed my Abby Fix this week, and was sad. You'll have to tell me all about the trip later. For now, sleep, and possibly chocolate seem to be in order!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those pics are amazing! Thanks for sharing.

    Lynnette Labelle
    http://lynnettelabelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fantastic pictures! Hope you have a nice vacation detox day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous pictures. Yellowstone is truly amazing. Glad you had a great time and hope you get some rest now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful photos, and glad your home safe!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, all!! Glad to be back! I missed all of you!

    I think it'll be a few days before my sleep schedule's back to normal, but then again, I don't know that it was ever really normal. ;)

    ReplyDelete